As we approach the one month mark, we're getting into the details of our trip to Tuscany. On the right hand side of the map is the town of Arezzo which is our base for our time in Tuscany. Tom has loaded maps of Italy on his GPS and is identifying directions to places we plan to visit. We're all searching the Web for things to do on our day trips to Tuscan towns and sending them to Tom. I have just added Cortona to our list. Nice that it is so close - will give us more time to explore when there.
Ever since I read Francis Mayes' "Under the Tuscan Sun", I've dreamed of visiting Cortona. And when we were in Chicago earlier this year, we found a photograph of a beautiful restaurant called Blue Tables, which I'd love to have for our dining room. If you click on the link and watch the picture slide show, you'll know the picture when you see it. In an email exchange with the photographer (Jane Love), I learned that the restaurant is in Cortona. So, my new dream is to have lunch at the restaurant and then to buy the picture when we return :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sheila, I just put Under the Tuscan Sun on the top of our netflix list.My guess is the blue tables picture was taken at the address that is in my gps. ( via nationale and piazza repubblica in downtown Cortona).The arches give it away but remember that area is outside. Tom
ReplyDelete