Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Watched Under the Tuscan Sun

Last night I watched Under the Tuscan Sun (so very different from the book) mostly because I wanted to remind myself of how beautiful Tuscany is and, also, because the story takes place in Cortona which is near Arezzo and which we will visit on this trip.  The fun part for me was seeing the restaurant where I want to take pictures and try out the food and the surprise of seeing the Amalfi coast and Positano (a favorite cruise excursion in 2005).  Art reminded me that I had seen the movie before, but, truthfully, I had forgotten and I was so enthralled by the scenery that it was like watching for the first time.  I do like the 'real story' in the book much better that the contrived one of the movie, but I was enthralled by the knowledge that we'll be there in just a few weeks.  Ahhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment